Tools for Fastly
Fastly provides numerous libraries and tools that help simplify the setup, testing, validation and deployment of your code:
IMPORTANT: Many of these are projects from Fastly Labs, where we experiment with ideas and share tools and code that we've made outside of our product development process. Labs projects are not officially supported Fastly products and are marked with
The Fastly CLI is the officially supported local dev toolchain for working with Fastly projects from a local environment.
Configuration, testing and deployment
- Fastly Fiddle lets you try out Fastly configuration code in a fully web based environment without signing up for an account with us.
- Cloud deploy creates services in your Fastly account without any local tooling.
- Static publisher allows you to upload static websites to Fastly and serve them without an origin server.
- Shield recommender calculates the best Fastly POP for use with shielding.
- Log debugger shows you the output of your log endpoints in real time to help debug log formatting issues.
- Fastly debug tests your connection to Fastly, identifying your internet service provider, closest Fastly POP, and connection performance to Fastly. If you have a problem connecting to Fastly, our customer support team may ask you to use this tool.
Adapters for full stack frameworks
- Next.JS apps can be run on Compute@Edge.
Library code and frameworks
- Expressly : A framework for Compute@Edge that emulates the behavior of the popular Express.JS Node framework, allowing you to write code in a more familiar way.
- ESI for Rust : An implementation of ESI in Rust, allowing easy migration if you've come to know and love edge side includes support in VCL.
- Node.JS style HTTP interfaces for Compute@Edge : Compute@Edge uses the Fetch standard to model HTTP requests, but we can make it compatible with